Invisalign Treatment in Homewood, IL – The Pros & Cons
Making the decision to put your oral health first is monumental, especially if you’ve been on the fence and weighing your options for some time. If this is the case, then you’ve likely researched area professionals as well as treatment methods like revolutionary Invisalign. This discreet treatment option has loads to offer, including a beautiful smile in less time. Before taking the new-smile plunge, there are several pros and cons of Invisalign in Homewood, IL, our orthodontist wants you to consider.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
When it comes to matters of your teeth, it’s important to arm yourself with as much information as you can prior to choosing a treatment method. With a variety of available options, our experienced orthodontist says each one has unique benefits and is ideal for a specific patient type. Invisalign, for example, is groundbreaking and offers benefits that appeal to many, but it’s not for everyone. There are certain pros and cons to keep in mind:
- Virtually invisible – Discreet treatment uses clear aligners
- Removable aligners – Easy to clean, dietary restrictions
- Comfortable fit – No poking wires or brackets
- Safe to Use – BPA-free plastic
- Typically less treatment time and fewer visits- Results in 12-18 months
- Requires self-discipline – Aligners must be worn 22 hours a day, which means you must stay on top of keeping them in every day
- Must be removed prior to eating and brushing after every meal is required to avoid staining
- Not ideal for patients with bridgework or those who require vertical tooth movement
Learn More About the Pros & Cons of Invisalign in Homewood, IL
There’s plenty more to learn about Invisalign and our expert orthodontist is always ready to help you assess your treatment options, plus provide you with everything you need to know to make an informed decision. If you’re in need of orthodontic treatment, then contact our office today!
The information provided in this article is not meant to be medical advice and is for educational purposes only. If you would like to learn more about this and other orthodontic-related topics, feel free to contact Grant Orthodontics, with a convenient orthodontic office located in Homewood, IL, by clicking here or by calling 708.866.0057.
Call our Homewood Dental Office to make an appointment with a dentist who may be able to help you find out more about this topic, and improve your oral health.